Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Maya-PM-2 hours-Robot Club

For my robot club project I worked on the claw machine again and I tried to figure out what was broken, and I think a wire has been disconnected inside the motor because all the tests were inconclusive. After about half an hour with a DMM, I decided that I would have to wait to get that fixed and I worked on making a flow chart for all the logic and looking for a good tutorial. I didn't find much online because most claw machines come with code and no one has to make them, at least not with the parts that we are using. I make a code skeleton but it wasn't great. After that, Nicolas asked for help connecting the 360 servo. I helped him connect up the relay properly, and after one minor mistake where it started smoking, we figured it out. We spent the other 45 minutes of class redoing the 3D model we had made and working on the flowchart for his project. We tried to get the servo to react properly with an if then statement but it wouldn't, so we went back to designing until we could find a better code snippet that was more related to the exact controls we needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment