Friday, December 6, 2019

Christopher Hernandez - AM - 2 Hrs - Skills USA

For the first ten minutes of robot club, I finished drawing the blueprints of the field. Initially I overestimated the size of the field, but I soon fixed that.

As for SkillsUSA, I connected the transmitters to the control and Dewey. But before that, I plugged in a battery to power Dewey. I also made the webcam work by connecting the transmitter to the camera and to the monitor. I haven't decided on the camera placement yet, but I am planning to mount it on the tower of the claw arm. If not there, I would most likely place in front of the chasis in the corner. The camera would then be tilted at an angle to get a view of the field and the arm. My last placement is on the claw arm itself, but that's unlikely since it may be hard to see the field. Once everything was connected, the claw arm of Dewey opened and closed, turned, and moved forward. The only issue though is that the claw arm doesn't go up or down. Something might be wrong with the wiring or the way the axel was connected so I will take a look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment