Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Christopher - AM - 2 Hours - DC Motors

For the first few minutes of robot lab, I looked at the daily blog to see what the plan was for today. After I looked at the agenda, I asked if we could start working the robots.

I then decided to do late work for the DC motors. During the first half of class, I watched a youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErV5lGVso1w) on how a dc motor works. The explanation was a little difficult to understand so I had to replay some parts. From the video, I took away that the left hand rule determines that the direction of force due to the magnetic field and the current. By applying this to the motor, I learn that power flows through a commuter which then connects to the axel and then to ground. This current is what causes the motor to spin. To increase the motors revolutions, a greater power supply, greater magnet, or more coils could be used.

When we came back, I watched another video to review what I learned (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAtPHANEfQo). I replayed some segments in this video from well. Ultimately, the video went over the same content from the other video, but in this video, I learned that more coils make the motor more smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment